Friday, February 10, 2012

Wish List From My Gear

My first gear post will be more about gear I don't have instead of a detailed review of gear I do have.  Most of my gear is weather related, some work related.

When the temperature and/or wind chill is cold I am completely covered except for my nose. If I cover my nose my safety glasses fog up and stay fogged up. Tonight after work I went to the hardware store and looked for some anti-fog safety glasses or anti-fog wipes. They had no wipes and only some dorky looking glasses. I do prefer the "shades" style.

I  love my gloves. More about them later.  I decided I should try water proofing them. I have water proofed boots before but am unaware if there are unique considerations when treating gloves. The hardware store had three types; silicone spray, mink oil, and sno-seal.  If any of you have had experience with this I would appreciate the feedback.

Eight days ago we got a foot of snow.  This week has been cold. Today's temperature was 20 with a windchill of 0, and it snowed all afternoon. We are supposed to get three more inches. Demonstrating  the need for the upgraded glasses and gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment